Subject: Re: Weltanschauung
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 09:44:21 -0500

At 09:39 AM 10/8/97 -3, you wrote:
> 7 Oct 97
>Tina Manley wrote:
>
>> really makes it hard for me to edit my own work. Who knows what those
>> out-of-focus, under-exposed mistakes might be worth someday!!
>
>If you are an unknown, a nobody, then they are mistakes; but if you are
>famous, then they are *ART* !

And yet, while famous people some times fade into the past, the unknown
sometimes become famous. Disfarmer, a small-town photographer, from I
believe Indiana, looked like one who would fade into obscurity. With luck,
his work is now appreciated as a powerful document of his home town. We
should all be so lucky.

Save your negatives and prints!
>Best, Clicio

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength
that will endure as long as life lasts.

Rachel Carson