Subject: Re: Weltanschauung
From: "Garbutt, Robert" <RGarbutt@ncrpexec.telstra.com.au>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 11:44:00 +1000

A rich photographer.     Now that would be an artform!

I think that art which derives its impact from access to the artist's
world view is making life very difficult for the viewer.    This doesn't
invalidate the work as art - it is just highly self-referential,
self-absorbed and taken to extreme disappears up a scratched, out of
focus, cross-processed derrierre.  The disappearing act can be
fascinating, however, once you have turned totally inside out there is
no way to go but back to being the right way round again.

Very frustrating, but it beats TV.