Subject: Re: Good Tele M Lens--M-Rokkor variants
From: Tom Kline <tkline@grizzly.pwssc.gen.ak.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 16:20:25 -0800

>Tom,
>
>Yours is the first version, Made in Germany by Leica 'M-Rokkor' that was=
 mrketed for=20
>the CL (there are some barrel differences between the Elmar-c and your=
 lens, BTW).

Yes - uses  40.5 mm filters. The engraving does looks very close to=
 identical - hollow triangular focus index, double 00 signifing F =3D 90.0.=
 Someone who has repaired these might know of more differences otherwise one=
 might be able to swap out fron ends to change the filter size.

What about the Leitz Minolta CL, it would seem a Rokkor lens would have been=
 more appropriate for that version?

>Minolta also marketed the later, multicoated, 'Made in Japan', CLE=
 'Rokkor-C' lens;=20
>which is the one pictured in your book.
>
>Danny Gonzalez

Yup- My lens does not "look" multicoated
Thanks Danny
Tom