Subject: Leica repair in Lima
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 12:34:50 -0500

Julio Vergara was looking for Leica repairman in Lima.

There is an authorized Leica dealer in downtown Lima a block or two
from Plaza San Martin towards Plaza de Las Armas going up the
pedestrian walkway and about a block to the left.  I pulled his address
off the Leica web page.    I think I also confirmed it with the address
is in the yellow pages of the guĦa telefonica when I visited there in
July.  If you want more vague directions I'll be happy to help.

I don't know if he does repairs but I would ask him for a
recommendation if he doesn't.  The majority of repairman, in Ecuador at
least, do more damage than actual repairing.   You've heard the
saying.....  "If it works, it must be fixed"

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador