Subject: Re: Weltanschauung
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 12:26:08 +0100

>As far as I'm concerned, photography is meaningless
>unless it communicates something to me.  I know everyone on the list has
>seen photographs like the ones I am describing.  Please either confirm my
>feelings or explain to me how blind I am being!  How can intelligent
gallery
>owners fall for such pretension?  TIA for your opinions.   Tina

As I live near Gothenburg, Sweden, I am a member of "Hasselblads friends"
and a regular visitor to the Hasselblad Gallery. This autumn I have met
Robert Frank and Deborah Turbeville, but I must confess that I was not too
impressed with their present photographic style. Deborah Turbeville wants to
communicate with feelings or impression in her pictures, content is more
important than presentation, (Sorry for my "English") pictures are not
always in focus, etc etc.
Lots of people seemed to like what they saw, but for me this is more "art"
than photography. And I like photographers more than "artists". So, I am
with you, Tina!
Mail: hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se