Subject: Re: LHSA Charlotte
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 06:03:46 -0700

On  4 Oct 97,  Gary Todoroff wrote:

<snip>

>I went to my first LHSA meeting in Tucson last year (haven't
> heard too much from Roger Beamon from there lately - you still with us
> Roger?) - really enjoyed that.

Oh sure, Gary, I'm here. If I can't add to the subject material, I stay
off. Unless, of course, it gets off topic politically, in which case
I'll jump in. Other off topic stuff, I try desperately to avoid. Like
the sex of my Leicas? The sex of my Leicas is not a factor with me, nor
will I anthropomorphize on their behalf. Any object (including Leicas)
that lets me down, for other than "cockpit problems" which are mine,
gets shouted at, cursed and banished into limbo for whatever period I
choose. Mind you, I don't kick them (they're always in top shape when I
get rid of them), but they, and others around, do hear my feelings.

> Soon you may not be hearing as much from me either (sighs of relief
> across LUGland), since I'm finally over a five day bout with the flu.
> Back to work Monday! Thank you all for the pleasant bed-side therapy.

For crying out loud, don't let a return to normal health silence you!

Be sure to report on the fun and frolic and, even the Leica associated
stuff that goes on at Charlotte. Regrettably, I'll not be there, except
in spirit.

Wiederlesen!

- --
Roger

         EQUALITY:
   Prosperity or egalitarianism--you have to choose.
   I favor freedom--you never achieve real equality anyway;
   you simply sacrifice prosperity for an illusion.
               -- Mario Vargas Llosa