Subject: Re: Rangefinder alignment
From: Hans Pahlen <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 16:49:09 +0100

Vertical misalignment means that the images that you focus on are
misaligned, but as long as you can see them, you will be able to focus
correctly.

If you cannot focus at all holding your camera vertically, the rangefinder
will need adjustment (unless you are holding a finger over the rangefinder
window...).

I have used M:s for more than 20 years, and it has never occured to me that
the camera should be difficult to focus when held vertically. Focusing will
function he same way, no matter whether the horizontal or vertical
rangefinders are used.
So, maybe your cameras are in need of adjustment. This one is cheap.

Sometimes the goggles on 35 and 135 mm lenses will misaligne the body
rangefinder a little bit, but still be working just fine. But these can
also be adjusted.
/Hans

Mail: hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se
Mirror URL: http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-24872/