Subject: Re: Rangefinder alignment
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 09:46:41 -0500

At 05:35 AM 10/1/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Could someone elaborate on this?  Why doesn't vertical misalignment affect
>focusing accuracy?  Is it just me, or do others find it more difficult to

Because focusing, when holding the camera in a horizontal position is done
by rotating a mirror in the rangefinder mechanism horizontally (I'm sure
it's more complex than that, but you get the idea). The windows that
determine focusing are laid out horizontally. That is what determines
focusing accuracy. Has nothing to do with turning the camera vertically. He
was talking about the alignment in the rangefinder being off vertically,
which wouldn't influence the accuracy of the rangefinder, but is, I'm sure,
annoying to look at.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

How do I set my laser printer on stun?