Subject: Re: pradovit projector
From: Lucian Chis <chis@ece.orst.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 14:42:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Rob,

The P-150 is an entry level projector, which you should not buy with the
Hektor lens.
It is made by either Kindermann or by the remains of Zeiss Ikon which
Leica bought in the early '80s.
The bulb is 150W which is adequate for home viewing up to 6'X6' but it
would fall of for a professional application. There is no life extender
setting for the bulb.
The 600 is a better made unit which comes with the Colorplan as standard,
and if you compare the prices of the two with the same lens you will find
the difference not so astounding;
You can run the round trays for continuous projection like you are used to
do with Carousels, and you have a 250W bulb with an economy setting which
is more than adequate for home viewing.
I think they also have an infrared model if you hate wires.
Also there is a compromise between the two: P-300.
In case you were just inquiring about the extremes, you forgot the top
model which is for sure made by LEICA. The difference between P150 and
2002 is the same as that between a VW Bug and a full size Mercedes:
If you can afford it, you will enjoy it.

Lucian