Subject: Re: Ralph Gibson--Leica photographer
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 22:58:38 -0500

At 12:49 PM 9/29/97 -0700, you wrote:
>2) From what I've seen I won't be buying any Ralph Gibson books to add to
>my small collection of Diane Arbus, HCB, Ansel Adams, Paul Strand, and a

>It seems more like an excercise, like playing scales, rather than a full
>performance. We're back to music again. Gibson's photos do not sing for me.

We all have our opinions. For me, Gibson is much more expressive and worth
of collecting than say, Diane Arbus. In fact, my former boss photographed
Ansel Adams one time at a Diane Arbus exhibit in Texas, and he says Ansel
Adams blustered around claiming the work was trash and not legitimate
photography.

Opinions are like navels, we all have one. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

A good pun is its own reword.