Subject: Re: ZERO HALLIBURTON CASES ??
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 12:52:22 -0600

At 01:31 PM 27/09/97 -0400, you wrote:

>LUGers,
>
>>Was yesterday at the Photo & Video Association Fair in Brussels.
>
>The ZERO HALLIBURTON case are now imported in Belgium.
>Do you have some experience to share about those cases.
>How are the separation inside ?? etc...

They are built well, and last a long time.  Internal separation is obtained
by custom-cutting a foam insert to your personal specifications.  Once you
cut the foam for the equipment the case will hold, you are somewhat limited
to hauling only what you intended, unless some other gear will fit into the
openings you use.  For this reason, I find this case better for storing
equipment, then for carrying it around.
   The case does not have a water seal, so if your applications involve
marine use, other alternatives would probably be better.  Having identified
some of the main limitations of Zero Haliburtons, I would still recommend
them.  The one I have is nearly 20 years old and its appearance and
function have not deteriorated in any way over that length of time.  Like
the Leica (on topic now) they are built to last.

- -GH