Subject: Re: Filters (Eric)
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 17:08:52 -0700

On 26 Sep 97,  Jim Brick wrote:

> no... sometimes things get said but the origin is not valid. Like the
> post yesterday about having to use a German enlarging lens if you
> shoot with a Leica.

<snip>

Surely, this was said in jest. Not?

Stranger things have been said, however. Somewhere in the last couple
of years, since I've become interested in Minox, I read a fellow saying
that because early Minox cameras used a curved film plane to
accommodate the lense's inability to focus properly at the edges of the
film, it was necessary to use a similarly curved negative holder in the
enlarger's light path to compensate.

Like you implied, "there's one born every minute"!
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America