Subject: Leica on the cheap (was Jim Brick & Ernesto)
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 19:14:35 -0400

David Young wrote:

<<<Now I'm wondering if I'm the only cheap, slightly crazy Leica enthusiast
around,>>>>>>

Hi David,

Not at all! It's called being frugal and innovative! :)

I think those of us who earn our livelyhood from photography therefore the
opportunity for a few more funds to acquire extra equipment, also look at
where we can get the best buy.

I know at times it must sound to some folks we are loaded with money and
equipment, but I know in my own case I purchase only what I can and like my
wife is always on my case to "watch for the sales! :)

Of course rarely with Leica gear, however if there is a piece of gear I
want I usually start putting a certain amount away from each shoot towards
getting it and only when I have the dollars ready do I get it.

If I didn't do it this way I'd have my house and life in hock forever. :)

As far as I'm concerned I now know where I can "rent" a right angle view
finder! :) And you live here in town to boot. :)

Not cheap Dave, just a wise man with money and ability.

ted