Subject: Re: 90/2.8--internal reflections
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 15:10:58 -0700

On 24 Sep 97,  Alexander Koning wrote:

<snip>

> BTW why do many of the luggers use xxx as an extension for the
> serialnumber. What harm can it do when you know the serialnumber of
> one of my lenses or camera?

Wondered myself, Alex. Only thing I can think of is that, for instance,
I could take your full serial number and report it to the authorities
as if I owned the lens and had it stolen. You would have to prove
ownership to retain it. STM, however, that most Leica folk could
easily prove ownership, thus opening the false claimant to the proper
prosecution.

What are Alex and I missing here. I'm the lemming on this one, doing it
because others do it.

- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer