Subject: re: LUG Time Lag
From: "Charles E. Albertson" <chucko@ricochet.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 19:19:57 -0700

Marvin---
	Internet congestion isn't confined to the World Wide Web. The packets that
comprise an email message go through the same bottlenecks as Web pages, and
have to be stitched together again at the receiving end. Congestion can be
caused by heavy traffic, errant backhoes slicing through fiber optic lines,
etc., and it changes from day to day, and hour to hour. Unlike FedEx,
there's no guarantee of on-time delivery.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.