Subject: Re: 90 Summicron and 90 Elmarit-M
From: CapsTeeth@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 20:28:29 -0400 (EDT)

<< > How does their performance compare  - subjectively and objectively - at
 > f2.8 and f4?

 Never used the Summicron, but I'm convinced
 I've used the Elmarit on several occasions I wouldn't have bothered to tote
 along the hefty Summicron, had I owned one instead.

         I agree that the older Tele-Elmarit is diminutive compared to the
Summicron.  When I comparison-shopped before buying a new Summicron, however,
I tried it and then the new Elmarit-M in my bag and couldn't feel any
significant difference.  Indeed, the weight difference is a tad under 3 oz.
and less than 1cm in diameter.  I opted for the Summicron for the extra stop.

Doc