Subject: Serial Numbers, was Re: Summitars
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 16:06:35 -0700

On 23 Sep 97,  Marc James Small wrote:

> There is a specific list of production years to 1993, I believe.  Mine
> only run to 1988, but I believe Rogliatti's latest book has an update
> to '93.

Rogliatti's "Leica The First 70", First English Edition, Sept. 1995
gives camera bodies through SN 1,932,000 (1992) and lenses through SN
3,455,871 (1988). Perhaps there is a later edition with which I'm not
familiar.

Guido Ridoli posted somewhere (can't remember where) a list of M bodies
starting in 1991 through 1995. I have that file and can email it to
anyone interested.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

           You can't win department:
       Why is it that paychecks come less taxes, whereas,
       everything you buy is plus taxes?