Subject: Re:Canon f:0.95
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 13:06:57 -0700

Leikon35@aol.com wrote:

>    Speaking of the under rated Canon lense's - how many of you
> know that the Canon 50mm / f:0.95 lens is still made today & is
> used by the CIA in preference to the Leica Noctilux?  More info
> will follow if there is any interest in this unadvertised fact, along
> with info about Canon using ASPH (L).

OK Marvin, I'll bite, especially since I just picked up three .95's,
tell us all about it, including your source of info.

Is the .95 preferred by the CIA because of cost/features?  Because its
not as sharp as a Noctilux, is it  easier for our Men in Black to doctor
the images digitally and so come up with anything they wish in their
surveillance photos?

Stephen Gandy