Subject: IIIb info
From: "Bill Bresler" <bresler@oeonline.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 22:16:29 -0400

A friend of mine returned from Cuba with an elderly Leica. He has decided
to sell it but does not know its value.  I'm familiar with the values of my
M-4 and M4-P but am lost on the older models.
Using a 1955 copy of the Leica Manual I've determined that it is a Model
G-1938 otherwise known as a IIIb.  Condition of the body is Ex to Ex-.  The
collapsible 50mm Summitar f2 is in rough shape with damaged coating,
evidence of separation, stiff aperture ring etc...  Anybody care to comment
on the rarity and value?  I'm picking up a copy of Shutterbug tomorrow.
Thanks.
Bill