Subject: Re: Michiel and "M camera sports" was re:
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 18:20:56 -0400

<<You don't have to give me any any deeper advise I'm totaly satisfied with
this  solution.>>>>

Now now Michiel,

Me thinks you took it all to hard from the old campaigner! :)

I actually was trying to think of what sports I might shoot using an M
camera that I might give you a bit more excitment in shooting. A sport
where you might be able to be closer to the action, therefore having a
larger image.

But seeing you are ""You don't have to give me any any deeper advice I'm
totaly satisfied with this solution.>>>> then I'll pass!

When you ask a question on the LUG just be prepared to get advice from some
very competent and experienced photographers we, all of us, merely try to
help with up and comers or other pros and amateurs.  Unfortunately you
missed the point and took my post as a put down. And if that was how you
read it that is unfortunate on your part, but the advise wasn't given in
that manner.

I trust you will find further attention from others not quite as
intimidating and you wont require any further assistance with your
endevours as a photographer, whether amateur or pro.

I was going to ask you what you meant by pros running out and missing
things and you staying and not missing anything, but it would seem you know
all the answers to this type of photography I'll not bother.

You see I know what the answer is to that question is and it has everything
to do with deadlines around the country and the world, but then you knew
that didn't you! :)

And one other thing ""Anyhow I like to live dangerously.>>>>

Well me young lad if that is the case let me tell you what is living
dangerously in sports, and that is riding in a "Stock car for a two hundred
lap race and shooting!" now that's living dangerously! :)

Or para diving and shooting, just thought you might like to know what
living dangerously was all about!

<<<It makes me feel like making a real picture myself instead of letting
the autofocus and the autoexposure do the work for me.>>>

One last item! If you really knew anything about Leica cameras you would
know that auto focus isn't on any Leica lens and therefore during my 30
years of shooting sports I have always used manual focus and will continue
to do so for some time to come.

<<< I'm very proud when I have a good picture now and then.>>>>>

Well damn boy aren't we all?  Pro or other wise!

regards,

ted