Subject: Re:
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 14:27:36 -0700

At 10:20 PM 9/21/97 +0000, you wrote:

> I'm just trying to point out that there is a possibility to use a
>Leica-M in this way. Of course this isn't the most perfect way to
>shoot sports. But I have the equipment to do it this way so why
>shouldn't I?
>
>At least I'm not running away halfway the game when iI think I've
>made the picture I'm looking for as most "pro's" do. Therefore I
>never miss a moment.
>I make a few good shots. That's enough for me. Fortunately I don't
>have to make living out of Photografy.
>
>I never mentioned a 400mm and off course I'm an amateur otherwise I wouldn't
>use a leica-M to shoot some sports events now and then. But I like it
this way.
>It makes me feel like making a real picture myself instead of letting the
autofocus
>and the autoexposure do the work for me.
> I'm very proud when I have a good picture now and then.
> You don't have to give me any any deeper advise I'm totaly satisfied with
this
> solution.
>
>                              Michiel.

Michiel,

The very definition of an amateur... "one who engages in a pursuit, study,
science, or sport as a pastime rather than as a profession" means you will
have fun doing what you want to do with whatever you have at hand to do it
with. I do not believe anybody was attempting to dictate how you should
approach a situation when pursuing your non-professional passion. Use what
you want, however you want, whenever you want.

Jim