Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC. Help with low light b/w and Tmax
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 11:22:53 -0400

<< I can see how it could become Ted's, or anyone's, standard for B&W,
though I still like the look, feel, grain structure and manipulative
qualities of traditional silver emulsions like Tri-X, HP5+, etc., in my
Leicas.>>>>>>>

Hi Bill,

Interesting you should mention that as the T400CN prints look "too
perfect".

I don't know if that is the way to put it, but I know you have used it and
I'm sure you know what I mean as you said above.

There is a "real film look" to traditional silver emulsions that the T400CN
doen't have, which in turn makes the prints though shot in available light
situations almost look as though they were set-ups in a studio.

And most people think no grain is the ultimate thing to aim for! :)

ted