Subject: Re: Zeiss on my Leica
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 15:17:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 18 Sep 1997, Christoper Morrow wrote:

> At 10:40 AM -0500 on 9/17/97, Eric Welch wrote:
>

> > At 11:11 PM 9/16/97 -0400, you wrote:
> > >Do you refer to Will McBride of Berlin? I know him.
> >
> > I believe so. He's the one who did the photo essay on Siddhartha, right?
> >

> Just took a quick look at Pawprint, and indeed he's got a copy of "Fusco
> and McBride" for sale for $40.00, in Fine condition. Interesting that books
> that sold 25 years ago for $3.95 plus tax now are $40 or more.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christopher Morrow
>
> chris@chrismorrow.com

Just because a book seller puts a $40 price on a book doesn't mean
that it'll sell for $40. I was in a NYC caemra shop yesterday. In
the cabinet was an old beatup M3 Leica with a price of $2,500.
The store owner could any prince on it, but he won't sell it at
that price. Some poor suspecting customer will come in and be offered
the camera at half price. He might be tempted to buy it. But
that's still too high for a piece of junk. Anyway, what I'm
suggesting is that prices on used items can be anything. If
someone pays the high price, that's their choice. The test is to
offer the book seller you mentioned the same book and see how
much he'll give you for it.... Ed Meyers