Subject: Re: Bokeh with 35/2 in 1965. How 'bout '75?
From: cmiller@berkshire.net (Curt Miller)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 22:00:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hello LUGs -

As a followup to this thread that I started (and which has changed course to
include aperture click-stops on 35 Summiluxes), thought I'd share the
results from my day of printing.  The images of each of three exhibition
prints (fiber base) I made today were made with my '69ish (I was wrong about
1975 - sn is 2.3 million) 35 Summicron are glorious and have all the Bokeh
anyone could ask for. They also have tremendous shadow detail, highlight
separation, etc.  Nikon images I have made appear 'flat' (for lack of a
better descriptor) by comparison.  The only Nikon glass I own that comes
close is my 55/2.8 Micro-Nikkor.

Interesting point: when using 100 ASA film with the 35/2, a good negative
yields a print that almost reminds me of using 120 behind my Zeiss glass...

Curt