Subject: Re: Bokeh with 35/2 in 1965. How 'bout '75?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 20:13:24 -0400

At 07:11 PM 9/14/97 -0400, Ed Meyers, noted authority, man of grace,
elegance, and style, wrote:
>I remember being told in the late 1960s that the new recomputed
>50mm f/1.4 Summilux began the series with half-f-stop clicks.
>The previous version had only full f-stop clicks. However, then
>I was told that a few of the newer versions in black had only
>full f-stop clicks. Figure that out....

I have owned one of the early chrome new-type Summiluxes and currently own
a black one.  Both  had half-stops.  Of course, as my good friend, Ed
Meyers, would say, these aren't actually half-stops at all, but rather
third-stops ...

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!