Subject: Re: Noctilux 50/1 versus 50/1,2
From: ABreull@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 14:31:57 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 13.09.1997  15:30:23, schreiben Sie:

>Peter Dechert, no mean critic, has used both versions professionally and
>stands behind the f/1.2 as the better lens, as does noted pro Mike
>Fletcher, though Mike owns the f/1 version as he was unable to find an
>f/1.2 at a decent price.

I'm quite astonished on your informations, since Erwin Puts writes on his
site/-s:

"The modern Noctilux 1:1,0/50mm (11821) shows how performance has been
boosted since 1980. It is in all respects a better lens than the famous
Noctilux 1,2/50mm, the one with the two aspherical surfaces and much sought
after by the collectors, who unfortunately hardley ever take pictures."

And, you can't say, that Erwin Puts might be superficial or risky in his
statements. He confirmed his results in a recent email to me, additionally.

Alf