Subject: Re: Noctilux 50/1 versus 50/1,2
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 10:25:34 -0400

Eric

Peter Dechert, no mean critic, has used both versions professionally and
stands behind the f/1.2 as the better lens, as does noted pro Mike
Fletcher, though Mike owns the f/1 version as he was unable to find an
f/1.2 at a decent price.  (He will be a guest speaker at the upcoming Zeiss
Historica clambake on 4th October in Philadelphia, Eric:  escape from the
North-West for a weekend and you can ask him about this yourself!)

The number of f/1.2 lenses sold was minuscule, perhaps less than 500;  I
doubt if many more than this of the f/1 have been sold.  I find it
surprising that you apparently know a number of professionals who have used
both:  the above two are the only pros of my acquaintance who have used
EITHER, much less both, of these lenses.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!