Subject: Re: Some Leica advice requested & RE: Film, try others also
From: Gary Toop <gtoop@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 13:03:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Garbutt, Robert wrote:

SNIP

> So can anyone advise me:  if I bought a screw mount Leica (say IIIf)
> will I turn out twisted or will it be a source of enjoyment.  My gut
> feel says the latter and my budget says that's as far as I can go.
> Noctilux, you're a pipe dream.
>
> Regards,
> Rob.

	Well, it may be heresy to some on this list to say so, but I think
that one of the nice things about any of the LTM (Leica Thread Mount)
cameras is that they will take an enormous range of lenses made by other
manufacturers as well as the Leica lenses - this is of course true of M
cameras as well, if you have a bayonet adaptor.
	I believe that one of our fellow LUGgers, Mr Small, has written a
(doubtless excellent) book on LTM lenses.

Gary Toop