Subject: Re: Best film (slide and regular) for M3
From: Toopus <gtoop@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 14:18:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Dave Topper wrote:

> Anyhow, I am really curious as to good types of file, both slide and
> regular, that I should use in the camera.  I feel strange about taking
> pictures with such a fine, precision instrument, then taking my roll of
> Kodak Gold down to the local Pathmark.  Kind of like taking a Ferrari to
> Midas.
>
> So ... any tips?  Please email me directly if you can.
>
> Thanks,
>
> DT

Dave:
	For what it is worth, I have been very pleased with Ilford's HP5+
shot at 320 and souped in Edwal's FG-7:  I think that HC-110 would work
well with it too. I also like TMax 100 shot at 50 or 64 and souped in
Rodinal 1:50:  in both cases, I have found the negatives to have a long,
smooth tonal scale and crisp, sharp grain that is not overly obtrusive.
	For colour, I am partial to Kodak's Royal Gold 100 and 200:  I
find that with I can shoot the 200 with my Summicron wide open indoors and
get some great pics.  I also like Fuji's Reala, but I have had a little
trouble finding a lab that can print it well.
	I don't shoot a lot of slides, but if I did, I would shoot a lot
of Kodachrome.  One downside of Kodachrome to keep in mind is that while
it has the best dark-keeping properties of any film, it fades more
quickly in a projector than other slide films.

Hope this helps.
Gary