Subject: "R" Lens Questions
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 09:59:37 -0400

Dave Freedman wrote:

<<<Anyway, I'm curious about the performance of the 400/2.8 Telyt
configuration. Is this new modular lens superior to the prior generation of
400/2.8 Telyt (which can be found on the used market occasionally for $5000
less than a new one!!!).

Dave,

My understanding is that the glass in both the modular and original 400 2,8
is the same and only the barrel system was changed.

I use the 400 2.8 and it is quite an awesome lens and if you can find one
on the market for a very good price, go for it! If nothing else you can
always sell it later for a better price! :)

ted