Subject: Re: 90 Tele-Elmarit-M Probs
From: cmiller@berkshire.net (Curt Miller)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 22:54:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Group -

Don't know if this is relevant in this particular situation but there indeed
were a batch (or batches) of 'skinny' Tele-Elmar-M 90s manufactured with
what is now referred to as a 'bad glue batch.' It presents itself as
spotting or hazing or clouding of the rear element group.  As I understand
it there is no cleaning or repairing such a lens short of replacing the
element(s).  It is considered economically unfeasible.  The lenses so
affected are usually a total (economic) loss.  Check with any reputable
repair shop and I think they'll corroborate my story.  It's another good
reason to buy a 'fat' 90 or a new one IMHO.

Curt