Subject: Re: Japanese "M" mount / Nikkor "E"
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 17:33:39 -0400 (EDT)

<< >
 Sorry, I failed to include the following statement also told
 to me. Some time ago a significant turning point occured in lens
 manufacture. It is that the lens mount became more expensive to
 make than the optical elements. This might not be the case with
 the new lenses having one or more aspherical elements, however.
 But the fact is that high prices on lenses are very often due
 to the mounts. Ed

 Ed -
      I don't know if it is true or not, but I have heard that the very
 inexpensive Nikkor "E" lenses are optically the same as the
 others, but have plastic mounts.
      Any knowledgeable Nikon users out there?  Steve Gandy ?