Subject: Re: 100/4 Elmar vs 65/3.5 Elmar
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 16:40:25 -0400 (EDT)

 Patrick -
      In the past, I have used the 65/3.5 Elmar with adapter on the "R"
 Bellows, with excellent results but am getting rid of all my "R" equip-
 ment and will use the 65 on both the "M" Bellows & directly on the
 Visoflex with the OTZFO universal focusing mount.  I use the the 65
 in preference to the 100 (even though it is a preset) since all other
 things being equal, I find it more versatile in that it will focus from
 infinity to same size (l:l) with the same superb results.

 *********************************Marvin Moss***************************
 in a message dated 97-09-07 15:38:11 EDT, you write:
<<
 I've gotten back some results now.  I tried the lens at a variety of
 apertures and subject distances on E100S slide film.  I must say that,
 while this lens is nice and sharp and contrasty in macro work, my
 photographs of subjects at distances of several meters seem to be less
 sharp.  This isn't actually all that important to me personally because I
 bought the lens for macro work and the bellows arrangement is too unwieldy
 to use for anything but macro.  However, given that this very lens is sold
 in a focusing mount, I'm surprised at the lackluster performance.  Perhaps
 it was operator error.  Has anyone else on the list used one of these
 lenses (perhaps in the focusing mount) for non-macro photography?  How does
 it perform?