Subject: Tim Page with G2
From: Claes Bjerner <claes.bjerner@pi.se>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 97 13:39:02 -0000

Day before yesterday I met Tim Page at Sarajevo Airport. To all his =
other friends on the LUGlist I can say that he never looked so good. =
Still has a slight limp, but is otherwise seemingly strong and =
healthy. Who could believe that for a man who was clinically - as =
well as officially - declared dead some 25 years ago?

Tim Page is still a very active photojournalist with an M6 around his =
neck. However, his new pride is a Contax G2 that he carries over his =
shoulder. Tim claims it=B4s the perfect tool for himself since it =
allows him to focus manually with his right hand. Remember that his =
whole left side was paralyzed by the shrapnel he once caught in the =
head. And his left side is apparently still a bit "slow".

Tim also likes the automatic exposure control of his G2, but as I =
said he=B4s not using the autofocus very much. When we met Tim had a =
21mm Super-Angulon attached to his M6 and on the G2 he had a Planar =
2/35. Tim Page is strictly a wide angle shooter and he=B4s about to =
get a 16mm Hologon for the G2. When will Zeiss bring back the 15mm =
Hologon for the M Leicas?

BTW, Tim also told me that Horst Faas has sold all his Leicas! What =
is the World coming to?

Claes Bjerner