Subject: EFKE
From: "Don J. Rorschach" <75051.2525@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 01:07:01 -0400

I have corresponded with the EFKE plant with the thought of importing
enough to thoroughly test it and make some available to those who wished to
use that film.  The EFKE people are super nice and will air freight minimum
orders of $1,000.00 plus shipping (about $450) to the USA.   There is no
longer any KB-14 as it is now marketed as KB-25 which is closer to its true
E.I.   The data indicates it is very close to the same film as the old
KB-14.  However, we will not know until testing enough proves one way or
the other.

I went through the Agfa Copex Rapid exercise for the last six months as
that film is much finer grained than the KB-14 but finally decided it is
not the same film as it was 20 years ago and still favor the old version.
Spent much time experimenting to work up a Phenidone based developer
similar to the old H&W developer.  At this moment, I am partial to the
Kodak Tech Pan and TEC developer.  Can shoot somewhere around E.I. 50-100
depending on how one uses the meter and get extremely fine grain and
definition.  I make 16" X 20" prints so if there is grain in the negative,
it will show up.

If you really wish to try the new version of KB-14, maybe we could pool
resources and split a shipment.  They will allow ordering cassettes of 20
and 36 as well as the 30 meter rolls of bulk film.

Please E-mail me at DonjR43198@aol.com