Subject: Re: Bokeh (again); Japanese L-mount lenses
From: dannyg1@IDT.NET
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 23:19:23 +0000

Eric Welch wrote:

> Why?

A number of good reasons:
First, I already have a couple of 90's and they're too long for what I want to use them
for.

Second, Leicas 75mm is selling for $1650 -2000... used!

Third, I'm not so sure a third party manufacturer would have a hard time matching the
performance of either the 75 or 90 Summicron.

Fourth, If it were an F2, it would be far smaller than either the 75/1.4 or 90 S'cron.

Fifth, It'll be gobs less than the Leica 75mm. I'd rather more comfortably live than spend
even more money on what is to me, not my first choice for professional work.

Sixth, you haven't shot with a Hexar; have you...

Please all, don't flame me for that last comment. I work for magazines that request 645
as a minimum. That said, If I were more free to use 35mm, I'd probably use an SLR for
most of what I do anyway. I use the M6 for street shooting, stock stuff and to break my
concentration when I feel like seeing the world a bit differently.

Danny Gonzalez