Subject: Re: Bokeh (again); Japanese L-mount lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 10:56:31 -0500

At 08:39 AM 9/5/97 +0200, you wrote:
>Sigma marketed R-mount lenses a couple of years back. Was no success. If
>they would plan to manufacture M-lenses now, I am sure that they will do a

Yes and they were a failure. People don't buy Leicas for a bargain appeal.
They buy them for performance. And anyone who doesn't needs to rethink
their shooting style and how many pictures they take. If they can justify
it anyway, great. But I think a lot of people who are in it as a hobby are
using Leica because it is an overall experience you get from no other
camera, including imaging performance.

If you can't see the difference, save the money and buy cheap stuff. It's
the pictures that count.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Artist seeks Boss with vision impairment.