Subject: Re: CLE
From: Bert Keuken <b.k@pi.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 15:35:57 +0200

At 19:50 3-9-97 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi Bert,
>
>The world is really shrinking.  I may recently have been looking at the
>same CLE you refer to in your em on 2/9.    I've seen a reasonably clean
>CLE selling for NLG 1995 in a camera store on Laan van Meerdervoort.  It
>was recently serviced by their technician, and appears to operate perfect=
>ly
>well.  I'm not sure if you looked inside (I'm not even sure I'm referring
>to the same camera), if so I noticed two subtle gouges in the pressure
>plate.  These will have no effect on image quality, however they may
>scratch the film surface.

Vince we *are* talking about the very same camera, and I did see the marks
on the pressure plate.

>It appears that CLEs are fetching slightly higher
>prices in the US.  Even more so in Germany where they are advertised for =
>up
>to DM 3000.  I'd be surprised to see someone fork out DM 3000 for a CLE,
>since you can buy an M6 for less.  The world is not just small, its also
>strange at times.

How right you are. I'm still undecided as to what to do, to buy or not to buy.

Regards,

Bert Keuken
homepage: http://home.pi.net/~bertkeuk/home.html

"Nerds typically know forty-six different ways to make love,
but don't know any women." - Robert X. Cringely