Subject: Re: M6 problem Is that fair?
From: "bill erfurth" <photophoto@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 08:38:00 PDT

>Tom:
>
><<Is it just me or does this response strike you as not much different
than
>the kid at 7 eleven telling you he doesn't have time to check the dates
on
>the bottles of milk when he restocks the shelves?>>
>
>I agree with you.  I was surprised at the response from Leica.  Just
look
>at all the help Chuck Westphall from Canon gives to the users on
>CompuServe.  I'm sure he is just as busy.  MANY people have bought
Canon
>equipment BECAUSE of his help.
>

>Rick

Hey Guys,

Wait a minute.  Arn't we being just a little unfair here?

First of all, Sonke took the time and the effort to translate the
original letter from English into German and then sent his reply in
English.  When contacting Leica (Germany), how many of us take the time
to write our letters in German?  Huh?  Can Mr. Westpahll preform the
same translation service for his German customers?  I doubt it.

Second, how many 20 year-old (1979 vintage) Canon cameras are still in
use today?  Will Canon even service one of their 20 year-old cameras?

Third, are we also going to compare Toyota to BMW?

Regards,
Bill Erfurth