Subject: Re: M6 problem "survey"
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 08:29:13 -0500

At 07:26 AM 9/3/97 +0200, you wrote:
>Leica has a web-page so they show us that they are open to the net -
>shouldn't somebody from Leica give us the facts? Wouldn't that be a proof
>of a good service? Since Leica doesn't reply to mails this is a proof for
>the bad Leica service - isn't it?
>

>But maybe I didn't get the joke again.

Just try and get most manufacturers to get on-line. The only ones I know
are Chuck Westfall for Canon - only on Compuserve it seems, so far anyway,
and Nikon has a couple of guys there, and on the Nikon list.

Leica has better things to do than squash rumors on the internet - turning
out to be a real impossible job for any subject, let along something as
esoteric as bokeh or Leica glow.

What proves they are good at service is how they treat YOU when you send a
camera in. I've had nothing but good luck with Leica USA and Don Goldberg
(with emphasis on good for the latter).

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is
that it has never tried to contact us."  - Calvin and Hobbes