Subject: Re: L versus M
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 21:31:27 -0500

At 01:18 PM 9/2/97 -0400, you wrote:
>This changed following Berek's death in the early 1950's.  Certainly, Leica
>lenses produced today test competitively and, in many cases, blow the
>competition away.  But such was not always the case -- and the Leica 'glow'
>of 1930 has become the 'bokeh' of today.

Marc, I HAVE to say something (besides one meaning in Japanese for bokeh is
"airhead."

Bokeh is something that we really can't quantify. It's a personal thing.
But I do have to say that I really don't like how some lenses render out of
focus images. When I like what I see, I don't seem to even notice. It's
just the ugly ones I notice.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Maintenance-free: When it breaks, it can't be fixed