Subject: Re: Was Riboud Show - dented Leica glass
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 11:44:39 -0500

At 11:21 AM 8/31/97 EDT, you wrote:
>glad to see your back and it's OK to use the F5's we wont let that interfere
>with our relationship, will we Dan. :)

Great, Ted. You of all people I don't want to offend. And like I said, I
might be coming home again soon! :-)

>Is it something you can see in the daily paper?  Not likely if you are
looking
>for sharpness in reproduction, but in some cases it is possible where the
>photographer was working with available light and non flash filled pictures.
>
>I'm not going to say you can do it every single time, particularly if you are

Actually, yes and no. There are many times when there is no difference.
Like when it's shot in bright light, and good available light. But when it
comes to the really nasty light, there are times when my Leicas pulled nice
looking pictures out of a situation that lesser lenses just can't match.
And I'm talking quality Nikon and Canon lenses. Not the cheap stuff. Though
I do have to say the 60 Micro is very Leica-like, just warmer.

And I have to note, the 35mm Summilux R is a standout lens, even in the
Leica line. It's better than the Summicron and the Elmarit and just a hair
behind the Summilux Aspheric in image quality. I loved that lens, and have
several pictures hanging on my wall from that lens that are really superb
in image quality. (That's not the only reason I hang them, the pictures
themselves have merit too <g>). Funny thing, the light was always difficult
in every one of those pictures. I think I like bad light.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

How do I set my laser printer on stun?