Subject: Feedback on repair/reliability of CLE
From: Vince Lamberti <106623.3440@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 05:41:47 -0400

Thank-you kindly to those who provided feedback on my query last week
regarding the reliability and repairability of the CLE.  The repairabilit=
perspective portrayed a somewhat gloomy future for the CLE.  Despite such=

feedback, and indications that current owners are dumping stock, I've tun=
ed
in to Stephen Gandy's way of thinking and have invested in a mint- CLE.

I'm a devout R user and travel extensively, although at a less than hasty=

pace due to the weight constraints imposed by an RE, R7, a handful of R
lenses, some flash gear, a tripod, and a six pack of Fosters.  The latter=

is becoming increasingly difficult to squeeze into my Loewe pack, and I'm=

therefore forced to pursue more weight/volume effective alternatives.  No=
wanting to venture too far away from the world of Leica glass, but not st=
ay
too close due to the cost cap imposed by my spouse (and increasing travel=

to precarious locales), I've decided to build a light weight travel kit
using a CLE and Leica glass.  I really like the look and feel of the CLE,=

and life is too short to worry about whether or not the thing will break.=
 =

And even if it does my real investment is in the glass.

Once again, thanks for the feedback, in particular to Stephen Gandy for
both comments and a tremendous web site.

Vince Lamberti
The Hague, The Netherlands
Email: 106623.3440@compuserve.com