Subject: Re: Eye Piece Corrective Lenses
From: CapsTeeth@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 09:08:26 -0400 (EDT)

For those who have astigmatism, let me share my experience:  although my
standard prescription is just a tad more than -3, there is also a correction
for astigmatism.  I find that by using a -5 diopter in the viewfinder I can
see and focus perfectly, and have this correctinve lens in 35mm SLR and 6x7
SLR as well.  Of course my specialty is not eyes, so I do not understand why
this works or if it would work for everyone with astigmatism.

Doc (teeth, not eyes!)