Subject: Re: Downloading LUG
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 18:31:34 -0700

At 03:23 PM 8/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear LUG Moderator,
>
>One of the problems I have with my present Mac and AOL is that opening
>attachments is very difficult. I must move the undecoded file to my hard
>drive, then to an special application, then wait a long while to read the
>document there.
>
>Since most LUG docs are in the attachment form, I'm not always able to read
>them because of this involved time-consuming jumping. Therefore I would
>appreciate it if you could find some way to limit the length of LUG mails to
>normal e-mail bites, so that I can read the great LUG docs easily. I'm sure
>many of our colleagues may have the same problem.
>
>Sincerely,
>Bob Rosen
>Afterswift@aol.com

I'm not the LUG moderator, but I don't believe the LUG has an answer for you.

I'm not sure anyone understands what you are talking about. This is an
e-mail list, and someone sends an ATTACHMENT maybe once a month. The
thousands of messages per month, on this list, are NOT attachments. They're
simply e-mail. It is forbidden to send an attachment to an e-mail list but
some new people will do it (only once) before they are yelled at. So if it
is actual attachments that you are having trouble with, don't bother
worrying about it. You shouldn't be getting any. If you are calling the
normal e-mail messages "attachments", then your problem is with your own
system and there is nothing we can do to help. Change your ISP, your OS,
your MAILER, your COMPUTER, whatever it takes to get your system to operate
like it should.

There are LUGGERS using Macs and AOL. If any of you know what Bob needs,
maybe you could help him.

Jim