Subject: Leica system handbook
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 16:11:24 CDT

LUGGERS,

With both a new M6 body and the R8 body I received a card for the Leica
System Handbook - but had to send it to Germany to get it.  Received the
1995 book - took several months, haven't received the one after buying
the R8 and sending the card.

When I bought an M4-P new in 1982, received a leather wallet, 1982 system
handbook and silver medal with Oskar Barnack 's likeness embossed on the
front with "Erfinder der Leica" and 1879 Oskar Barnack 1936 - on the back
 a Leica M4-P.  It is 1 3/4" dia. and has two proof marks plus STERLING
and 81 on the edge. It is in a plastic coin holder and comes in a small
box.  Pretty neat.  Tried to sell in on the LUG a couple of years ago and
got no takers.

I cut out two small round pieces of leather from the wallet and used them
to protect the camera  from the straps.

Richard Hemingway
Norman, OK