Subject: Re: Eye Piece Corrective Lenses
From: Amilcar de Oliveira <amilcar@domain.com.br>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 16:20:29 +0100

Richard Clompus wrote:

> Dear Fellow LUGnuts,
>
> The topic of corrective eye piece lenses has come up.  Maybe I can help a
> bit with this.

Richard,
Several years ago I  read that a camera's viewfinder is not a perfect
zero diopter (due to the difference between the apparent distance of the
focusing screen and other displays, I guess). I think generally it's a
+1 diopter. Can you confirm this? A few block from were I live there's
an optician that just fills your requirements, although I would like to
see how he'll deal with a -7 diopter!

Cheers,
Amilcar