Subject: Re: What's Leica supposed to send me?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 20:32:19 -0400 (EDT)

At 05:27 PM 8/28/97 -0400, you wrote:

>No, Leica is not supposed to "send" you anything -- you might want to tune
>in to economic realities.
>
>What "book" are you speaking of?
>
>Marc
>
>msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
>Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Marc:  When I sent in the warranty card for my $30 toaster, they sent me a
card to use to guarantee quick service if I had to send the toaster in for
repairs and a free recipe book.  I would have thought that when I spent
$2000 for a camera body, Leica would at least send an acknowledgment of
receiving the warranty card.  I have to send the camera in now, in less than
3 months, because the winder broke off and the counter doesn't work.  I hope
that a copy of the receipt will convince them that I have the Passport
warranty!  Leica used to offer a free subscription to LeicaView with the
purchase of a camera.  This is probably what Dave is thinking of and I would
think Leica would at least give you a magazine subscription. I have 4 Leicas
and I am disappointed with the current service.  Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>
<http://www.onlineartistleague.com/manleyt/portfoli.htm>