Subject: Re: "R" Lenses on M6 (2)
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 14:09:55 -0400 (EDT)

 Lucien -
  Please give me more information on the "cut" or machining of the
 22228 adapter; they are quite rare here in the States, selling for
 about $200 - $300 and I have only seen less than a half dozen
 in my whole life.  Were they cut by the owner or repairman or by
 Leica reps?  Why on earth would Sr.Benatti go through all the
 trouble of manufacturing a special adapter if it was so easy to
 modify the old one.
   When you say "70% of the adapters you have seen" how many
 do you actually mean? since I have only seen 5 or 6 myself?

   Sr. Benatti's address is: Massimo Benatti
                                       Via Dezza 41
                                       Malano. Italy  20144
                                       Tel. 02 + 43561

Cheers ***********************Marvin Moss*******************************

<< Marvin Moss wrote:
 >on using adapter 22228, etc. to mount "R" lenses on their M6s -----
 >It should be noted that adapters 22228, 22230 & 22233 cannot be
 >used with the Leica M6  because they cannot be turned in place
 >as they hit the lightmeter photocell.
 >The adapter that I refered to that allows any "R" lens to be used
 >on the M6 is of non - Leica manufature and is available from Italy.

 70% of the 22228 adapters that I have seen have the bayonnet cut to be used
 on the M6.

 Lucien
 BELGIUM >>