Subject: RE: upside-down viewfinder (HCB)
From: Lucien_vD <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 05:13:42 -0400

There is an easier way :

You only have to buy a 1931 VISOR (35,50,135)**(Torpedo finder): "the
finder produce a laterally reversed image; the knurled eyepiece is rotate=
90 degree when the Leica is turned for taking vertical photograph." (Lage=
Illustrated guide II P. 101) If you keep your camera horizontal, the imag=
is upside down.
Much easy to find is the 1933 VIDOM (chrome or black) who offer the same
possibility but with a variable rectangular aperture instead of frames.

**Also available:
Chrome:
VISAX 35,50,90
VISIL 35,50,90,135
VIDEO 35,50,73,105
Black or Chrome:
VIUNA 35,50,73
VIZWO 35,50,90
VTRE 35,50,105
VIFUR 35,50,135
etc...

Lucien
BELGIUM

>>I think I remember reading somewhere that he used a viewfinder modified=

>give him an inverted (upside-down) image as an aid in seeing a compositi=
on
>better.  I think this is true and not just another myth about HCB.  =

><snip>
>
>That would be a very interesting accessory.  I have often wondered if th=
>composition used for a view camera could be applied to an M Leica. =

Perhaps